Indian Head Massage
The traditional Indian head massage practiced by women in India was restricted to the head and hair. The techniques now include the back, neck, shoulders, and upper arms.
It is guaranteed to relieve you from the daily stress and relax tense neck and shoulder muscles.
The head, neck and shoulders contain important energy centres. If you are feeling stressed, anxious or angry, tension tends to accumulate. This tension can later show up as a stiff neck and shoulders, eyestrain, and sometimes even hair loss.
Indian head massage involves working with a firm and gentle rhythm to help unknot blockages and relieve this uncomfortable build-up of tension. The effects are not just physical; it works on an emotional level too, promoting relaxation.
Benefits of Indian head massage:
- Improves posture by easing off tight muscles
- Aids lymphatic drainage to the face
- Increases the blood supply to head, neck, shoulders and face
- Reliefs headache, migraine and mild neuralgia
- Can lead to an emotional release
- Improves concentration
- Reduces depression
- Promotes good body image